This page is devoted to the people making the research possible.
I value and encourage rigor, respect, creativity, kindness, hard-work, positive attitude, motivation and sense of humor. These traits allow our team to be inclusive and diverse, and result in both a safe workplace and an exceptional teamwork.
Nobody wins alone!
- Miriam Melis, PhD -Team Leader
- Valeria Serra, PhD- PostDoc (3/2018- present)
- Sonia Aroni, PhD- Senior PostDoc (1/2021- present)
- Vanessa Palmas (BSc, 2021-present)
- Ilenia Sergi,(BSc, 2022-present)
- Giorgia Fanunza, (BSc, 2023- present)
Former Group members
- Roberto Frau, PhD
- Claudia Sagheddu, PhD
- Francesca Mura, BSc
- Francesco Traccis, MD
- Mara Mancosu, BSc
- Alessia Sanna, BSc
- Matilde Loddo, BSc
- Colleen Peterson, PhD candidate (Borgland’s lab) from Univeristy of Calgary (Canada) (10/2022)
- Joseph FR Cheer, PhD, Professor from University of Maryland (USA) (9/2022)
- Hui-Chen Lu, PhD, Professor from Indiana University Bloomington (USA) (5/2022)
- Ken Mackie, MD, Distinguished Professors Indiana University Bloomington (USA) (5/2022)
- Migle Kaminskaite, MD, PhD (ERASMUS plus) from Lithuanian University of Health Sciences (6-7/2021)
- Maud Martinat, PhD candidate (Laye’s lab) from INRAE/ Nutrineuro- Bordeaux Univ (FR) (9-10/2019)
- Raquel Heras de Gomez, PhD, Professor from Universidad Complutense Madrid (ES) (5-7/2019)
- Chloe Jordan, PhD, from National Institute of Drugs of Abuse (USA)(5/2019)
- Olivier Manzoni, PhD, Professor from Institut de Neurobiologie de la Méditerranée (INMED), Marseille (FR) (4-5/2018)
- Yousef Baghcheghi, PhD candidate from Mashhad University (Iran) (10/2017-4/2018)
- Benjamin (Beni) Barti, PhD candidate (Katona’s lab) from KOKI HAS, Budapest (HU)(1/2018)
- Istvàn Katona, PhD, Professor from Institute of Experimental Medicine (KOKI), Hungarian Academy of Science (HAS), Budapest (6-7/2017 and 8/2018), currently at Indiana University Bloomington.
Celebrating our Nature Neuroscience paper (06/8/2019): left-to-right, Vivien Miczàn, Roberto Frau, Istvàn Katona, Miriam.